IAC Humanities Bldg, 2nd floor
Cooperative Work Experience
Taking the honors challenge
Honors Classes at Merced College are designed to provide learning environments that foster creative thinking and critical discussion. The purpose of Honors Classes is to offer challenging assignments and learning activities that will spark intellectual curiosity, while sharpening the skills required for transfer and career success.
Any new student with a 3.5 cumulative grade point average, or any continuing student with a 3.25 cumulative grade point average, may enroll in honors classes. Students who do not meet one of these enrollment requirements may also enroll in individual honors classes by successfully completing the challenge process. Inquiries regarding the Honors Program should be directed to Dr. Max Hallman, Honors Program Coordinator, at (209) 384-6327 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advantages of Taking Honors Classes:
- Smaller classes that provide the opportunity for more individualized instruction and more stimulating discussion.
- Honors recognition on transcripts to underscore achievement.
- Special academic advising.
- Opportunities to attend a variety of seminars, cultural events, and conferences.
- Eligibility to apply for McConnell Honors Scholarships.
Projected Honors Course Offerings
Classes Approved for Honors
(Course descriptions of these classes can be found under the appropriate discipline.)